Wednesday 26 June 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #11: Leap of Faith by Jamie Blair

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights books that have not yet been released, but ones that you should pre-order today! This week's book that I am anxiously awaiting is:
Leap of Faith
 
 
Can true love be built on lies? A teen on the run seeks relief and redemption in this gripping, romantic read.Leah Kurtz has finally found a place to call home, a town where she and baby Addy can live in peace, far from the drug-infested place she grew up. Chris is one of the best parts of her new life, the only person who’s ever made her feel safe. And now that she’s found him, there’s no way she can tell the truth:

Her real name is Faith, not Leah. She’s seventeen, not nineteen. And the baby isn’t hers—Faith kidnapped her.

Faith’s history catches up with her when a cop starts asking questions and Chris’s aunt spots her picture in the newspaper. She knows it’s time to run again, but if Faith leaves, she’ll lose Chris. If Chris is in love with a lie, though, did Faith ever really have him in the first place?
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why I can't wait: I like it when the characters in a book have a lot of bagage from the past, because it only means that they can grow throughout the book. And this book sounds like a great and powerful read.
 
Publication date: September 3rd 2013
 

El

19 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this one, especially as it's being published by S&S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the books they publish are great, so I hope that this book won't disappoint me.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a powerful read. Great choice! New follower.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it? And thanks for following me!

      Delete
  3. NO WAY! This is my pick this week too :) Doesn't it look fantastic?? Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's funny! And it looks fantastic, I can't wait to read it.

      Delete
  4. Nice pick. I swear I see this one every week :) That's good it means it has piqued quite a few bloggers interest. Thanks for sharing.

    bloglovin' follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-53-snakeroot.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this one on Goodreads today and it looked familiar, probably from other blogs :)

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of this one but it looks interesting! Great WoW pick!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on other blogs before, but today I came across it on Goodreads and it just sounds intresting :)

      Delete
  6. I'm excited for this one, too. It does sound like a powerful book and I'm intrigued by whose baby she snagged. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole book seems intruiging, why did she run away and why did she kidnapp a baby? I'm so excited to read it!

      Delete
  7. This sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is on my list as well. Great pick!

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love powerful reads and this sounds like a perfect one :) Thanks, El!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that I showed this book to you :)

      Delete
  10. Just saw this as someone else's pick as well. Looks like a great read. Hope you enjoy!
    Cricket @ Little Library Muse
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!