Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey:
1. De Berendokter (The Teddydoctor): I read this picturebook over and over again when I was little. It all started there long ago.
2. Blauwe Plekken (Bruises): A book by one of my favorite youth authors. The topic of this book was rather heavy for young childeren since it deals with child abuse. But even after all those years I still remember most of the plot.
3. Zij en Haar (She and Her): Another book by one of my favorite youth authors. His books were the only books that kept me reading throughout middle and high school.
4. Twilight: When in high school I didn't read that much anymore. But Twiligt got me back into reading when I was sixteen.
5. Harry Potter: It made me love books that are set in a magical world. And now fantasy is one of my favorite genres.
6. Vampire Academy: When I started reading this series only the first tree were translated in Dutch. But I had to know what would happen next so they are the reason I started reading in English.
7. The Other Boleyn Girl: It made me fall in love with historical fiction. I love historical fiction but somehow I almost never read it, so if anyone has some good recommendations let me know!
8. Pride & Prejudice: This was the first classic I've ever read and now I've read all Austen books and most of the books by the Brontë sister. I hope to read a Dickens book soon.
9. Perfect Chemistry: This was one of the first contemporary books I've ever read and know it's one of my favorite genres. I think contemporary and fantasy share the first place.
10. Losing It: It was one of the first NA books I read and it made me appreciate this genre. Not all NA books are that good, but because of this book I still read them.