Sunday 19 August 2012

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry


Hi!

This week I have read an amazing book, Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, so here's my review of it.

Short discription
Pushing the LimitsNo one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black lether jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attituede and suprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.
Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the guy who might teach her how to love again.

My opinion
Where to start whit this review? I don’t know, the book was just AMAZING. I loved it from the very first letter to the last. It made me laugh, cry, angry, excited, touched….
The way Katie McGarry wrote the story of Noah and Echo was very compelling. When I was reading the book I couldn’t put it down, It was just impossible. The love between Echo and Noah, I can only say that I will find a boy like that someday.
Echo is definitely a character I love, the way she copes with her past in the end, her loyalty and how she wants to please everyone, though it’s not always a good thing. The way she can handle Noah like no one  else can and let him feel again like he once was was really great to read. And then of course her witty remarks, they were hilarious. The way she painted to show her view on the world was lovely, I really liked that aspect of the book.
Noah is a whole different character than Echo. But the moment I met him I fell in love with him. He’s gorgeous, hot, handsome, good looking and did I already mention HOT (ok I did, but I had to say it twice).  On top of that he’s funny, loyal to his friends and his family and he only wants the best for the people he loves. At the start of the story he had lost the right pat, but thanks to Echo he found it again. He also helped Echo a lot of course with regaining her memories. How he stood by her side every time was just… I don’t have even words for it.
And then there is the story behind the lives of Echo and Noah. I loved it that it was just like you were Echo, you discovered in bits what happened to here, just as she did. And let’s be honest,  I wouldn’t like to be in her shoes. To lose so much in such a short time and that while you should feel safe at home, not scared.
Like Echo, Noah also lost a lot in his life. The only thing that’s left are his two little brothers, which he hardly gets to see. Every time he tried to help someone he got punished for it. But that all changed the day he really met Echo. She’s the one who believed in him and led him in the right direction.
But then there were also some minor min points. The book was a bit predictable, you knew from the beginning how the story would end. But how the storyline was put together really made that up. Another thing I was a bit disappointed about was that, even when it was Noah’s perspective, the story was mainly focused on Echo. I would have loved to read more about Noah’s past.

Cover
I really like the cover of this book. It's simple, but it fits the book very well!

Stars
Pushing the Limits: ***** (if it wasn't obvious yet)

Extra
Author: Katie McGarry
Dare to You: a novel by Beth's point of view, expected in 2013

See you later xx
El

2 comments:

I love reading your comments!