I wanted to let you know that I'm nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Avanti from Avanti's Place and by Myra from Book Reviews. And I'm very thankful for that, because I like knowing that people like what I'm writing.
Rules of the Award
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (no tag backs)
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
1. What are you currently reading & why did you choose that book?
I'm currently reading The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray. And I'm actually rereading it because I loved it so much when I was reading it for the first time.
2. Why do you love reading so much?
When I'm reading I forget about reality, the book is reality to me. And when reading I can see everything in front of me like I want it to be, so it's better than a movie.
3. Why did you start blogging?
Nobody I know loves to read as much as I do and I really liked to share my opinion of books with other people. And that's why blogging is a good solution.
4. If you could be any character for a day who would it be?
There's in almost every book a character that I would like to be. But if I really have to choose, I would pick Rose Hathaway because she's a very spontaneous, smart, funny and strong character.
5. When you finish a book do you keep it or pass it on?
Depends, most of the books I read I keep to myself, but if they are really good I tell everybody how great they are and then I lend my books to others. But sometimes I want to keep the book to myself because it's like the book is a part of me and then I don't want to share at all.
6. Favorite movie & why?
I don't really have a favorite, I have four categories: movies that I really like, movies that I like, movies that I don't like and movies that I hate. Till now I never have seen a movie that completely blew me away. But some of my favorite movies are The curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Moulin Rouge, Persuasion, The Hobbit and the Harry Potter movies.
7. Favorite book to movie adaptation?
I can't choose between Harry Potter and The Hobbit. The Harry Potter movies stay very close to the books, you can sometimes literally now what the characters is going to say, and that's something that I like. The Hobbit changed a bit in the movie, but it fitted the so well that it was just like Tolkien had meant it that way.
8. What type of music do you like?
I listen to all kinds of music from pop to punkrock, from alternative to post-hardcore, from indie to drum 'n bass... . My favorite bands/signers of the moment are You Me At Six, Imagine Dragons, Sleeping with Sirens and Gabrielle Aplin.
11. Where's your favorite place to read?
My favorite place is in bed, because it's soft and warm. I even go read in my bed in the middle of the day.
10. Favorite hobby besides reading?
Running, go out with friends and writing.
11. If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?
Australia, I have never been there but it seems an incredible place to visit someday.
11 Questions from Myra
1. When did you start blogging & why?
I first stopped blogging in September 2011, I had a Dutch book blog. But in September 2012 I started with this blog. Why see question 3 Avanti.
2. What's your favorite book ever?
Jane Eyre I my favorite book. When I first read it I found the beginning of the book rather boring, but when I got further in the book it just blew me away. And after rereading the book I even loved the beginning of it.
3. Do you study or work & what kind of study/work do you do?
I'm in my freshman year Tourism and Recreationmanagement. I love it so far.
4. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I have one sister who's older than me.
5. How many books do you estimate you own?
Accordingly to Goodreads I own 47 books.
6. Do you always buy books or do you go to the library or borrow from a friend?
If I had to buy all the books I read, than I was broke. So I often go to the library, but if I really like a book or if it's cheap than I go buy the book. I rarely borrow a book from a friend, because most of them I have already read and my friends don't read as much as I do.
7. Where's your favorite place to read?
See question 11 Avanti.
8. What book are you reading right now & why did you choose this one?
See question 1 Avanti.
9. Do you prefer series or standalone books?
I don't mind if they are standalone or if it's a series. I read them both with the same pleasure. The only negative things about series is that even when I didn't like the first book in the series I still feel compelled to read the next books to.
10. Favorite hobby besides reading?
See Question 10 Avanti.
11. Favorite book to movie adaptation?
See question 7 Avanti.
11 facts about me:
1. I'm twenty years old.
2. I want to travel around the world one day.
3. I hope to finish writing one of my books in the futur.
4. I have at least 10 animals at home.
5. During the weak I live alone and in the weekends and holidays I live with my parents.
6. At this moment I should actually be studying for my exam tomorrow.
7. When I'm older I want to live in Canada, the UK, Australia or the US.
8. I travel at least two times a year.
9. I love nailpolish.
10. I addicted to TV series (90210, TVD, PLL, CD, Arrow, Nikita, Revenge, Downton Abbey...)
11. I love living in Belgium, because the French fries and the beer is amazing
1. If you had one wish what would you wish for?
2. What's your favorite book and why?
3. Which character would be you boyfriend/girlfriend if you could choose?
4. I you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
5. Which movie adaption screwed it up big time?
6. Which book would you like to see made into a movie?
7. What was the worst book you have ever read and why?
8. Would you consider writing you own book?
9. Which is your favorite Disney movie?
10. What is your favorite food?
11. What is you ideal day?
1. Peace Love & YA
2. YA Yeah Yeah
3. Wildly Read
4. What I Read Yesterday
5. Rachel E. Fisher
6. Tantalizing Illusions
7. Shhh! Mommy's Reading
8. Rambling of a Book Nerd
9. Been There, Read That
10. The Ink Puddle
11. Midnight Reads
See you later xx