Tuesday 22 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #14



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Broke and Bookish. This weeks is: Top Ten Unusual Character Names and Top Ten Character Names I Love:
 
Unusual Character Names
  1. Katniss from The Hunger Names: not a name you hear everyday when walking on the street.
  2. Vasilissa from Vampire Academy: maybe it's more common in eastern Europe, but I hadn't heard of it before.
  3. Ciardis from Sworn to Raise: I believe that this name was made up by the author, but please do correct my if I'm wrong.
  4. Celaena from Throne of Glass: not a very common name, but I do love it!
  5. America from The Selection: maybe their are people named America but it's rather unusual in my eyes.

Character Names I love:
  1. Rose form Vampire Academy: I just love this name, if I ever had a girl I would definitely name her Rose.
  2. Sydney from Bloodlines: I know it's a city, but I still love it as a name.
  3. Elena from The Vampire Diaries: maybe I'm a bit biased because my own name resembles it so much. But still a beautiful name.
  4. Augustus form The Fault In Our Stars: if you want to name your child after a month than this is the perfect name.
  5. Gemma from A Great and Terrible Beauty: a simpel but beautiful name.

El

14 comments:

  1. I am not keen on America as a name.. I do love Celaena though! :) I also love Augustus :) There are definitely so many peculiar names in books!

    Alex @ Al's Thought's On

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. America is a little strange for a name, but maybe one day it's normal who knows. And there are so many great names in books, I Always name my fish after book characters :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I don't like America as a name! I'm pretty sure there are people called America though. I hope that it's quite rare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't live in the States so that's maybe why it's a little less awkward for me :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I forgot about Celeana, probably because I wouldn't be able to spell it without looking it up. lol. Great list. I wasn't a huge fan of America's name but agree I loved Elena! Here are my picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look Celeana up too to be sure I spelled it right :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I wasn't a fan of America either, her full name irked me - America Singer and she is an American singer, tut! Great list. My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of her full name before but you're totally right!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Love your choices! It took me a while to be cool with Rosemarie, but I adore Rose as a character, and her nickname is perfect, as is Lissa's. Great list!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took me a while too to like Rosemarie but she's mostly called Rose anyway. And I do think that it fits her :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I love Rosemarie/Rose! Her name is just badass just like her!

    Our List

    Doris @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Lissa from VA definitely has one of the weirdest names ever! Great list! And thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name Vasilissa fits her though :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!