Thursday 29 May 2014

Review: Wall Street West by Cristina Guarneri

18688179Title: Wall Street West
Author: Cristina Guarneri
Publisher: Smith Publicity
Publication date: September 20th 2013
Pages: 178 (hardback)








Beyond the mirrored windows of the citys high-rise buildings; the landscape of a metropolis that holds itself to the outskirts of the Hudson River, leaves a city that set the standard for corruption and overshadowed itself by the darkness of political deception. Behind the thriving neighborhoods of cultural scenery, the sixth borough had become a blanket that was once woven with the challenges of deceit versus ethics. No one knows what tomorrow will bring, but for integrity to preveil, an awakening would need to be brought to the city streets that were once plagued by the mysteries of Wall Street West. 


When the publisher approached me to read Wall Street West I thought why not. It sounded like a good book and I love to help out small publisher and independent authors. And well most of the time they are actually great books that deserve more recognition.

But  I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed by this book. It had a lot of potential but it was like I was reading a draft rather than a completed book. The book was filled with conversations and no background story. It was like you were listening to a conversation between some strangers while you didn’t think anything yourself. No background, nothing. I mean even in a play you get more background then you got here.  And the lack of thoughts of the main character bothered me. Also it was harder to follow the story. There were times that I didn’t understand at all what the main character was talking about or to whom he was talking. The plot tended to make some jumps in time what didn’t make it any easier for me to understand what was going on.

So now you might think why did I give it two stars? Well like I said before it had some real potential. If the author is able to fill it story up a bit with background information and thoughts of the characters and not only conversations than this book can be enjoyable. So therefore the two stars, this book isn’t hopeless. So if the author reads this polish it up a bit and your book will be a lot better!


El



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!