Saturday 14 February 2015

Review: The Emperor (Virtual Arcana #4) by Karen Amanda Hooper

23361164Title: The Emperor
Author: Karen Amanda Hooper
Series: Virtual Arcana
Genre: Sci-Fi, Young Adult
Publication date: February 15th 2015
Pages: 58 (ebook)
Source: Received from author







No short description



The Emperor was crazy. It really messed with my head but I am loving it!

To me each it feels like each novella is crazier than the other one. Every time I think that things will get clear now. But at the end of the novella I am even more confused than before. I have long ago lost track of what is real and what is not. I cannot say more because otherwise I would need to give spoilers and I really do not want to do that.

Kelsey remains as confused as ever. And she really gets annoyed with her ignorance, no one ever gives her full and complete answers. She has to figure out herself what are dreams or virtual reality and what is real. Kelsey starts to have moments that she isn’t sure of anything of anyone anymore. She wakes up in places she doesn’t remember getting to, people don’t seem to be who they told they are. Her timeline is muddled and she has no idea what to think of her life anymore. And that exactly how the reader experiences it. Xander was different in this novella. He finally seemed ready to explain things to Kelsey and he took control of everything.


These novellas are always hard to review. Everything is so complicated, it’s hard to explain everything. Really you just have to read this series yourself to figure it all out.


El

1 comment:

I love reading your comments!