Friday 29 May 2015

Review: Eeasy (Contours of the Heart #1) by Tammara Webber

15831291Title: Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Series: Contours of the Heart
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, New Adult
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication date: January 3rd 2013
Pages: 322 (paperback)
Source: own-it






When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night - but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.


Easy is one of those books that has been on my TBR list for ages. I heard so many great things about it and I really wanted to read it but somehow I just never found the time. But then recently I bought a copy of it so I could not put it of any longer. And I am really glad that I did read it in the end because I loved it.

It started kind of dark with a very troubling scene where Jacqueline, the main character, is attacked by a guy. Webber definitely picked a difficult topic to talk about. But I praise her for writing about it because it is something that happens and it needs to be addressed. Easy showed how the victim processes everything after an attack but also how other people react when they learn about it. Webber did a good job showing all these sides.

If you now think that Easy is a dark read then you are wrong. Tammara Webber makes sure that the book doesn’t get too dark. The book was filled with a sweeter and happier storyline as well. There were so many moments that I was reading with a big smile on my face because it made me happy. For example the playful banter between Lucas and Jacqueline was so sweet that I couldn’t help myself from grinning the whole time.

Jacqueline was an amazing character. Throughout the book she grew so much. At the beginning she was this girl that had followed her high school sweetheart to college, putting her dreams at the side, expecting that they would be together forever. You could say that she was naïve but at the end of the book she knew how to stand up for herself. And she finally went after her dreams. Mostly thanks to Lucas because he showed her that she was a strong independent women who could do anything she wanted. Lucas is probably one of my favorite male characters. He is very protective when it comes to people he cares about. While he might seem like a bad boy he isn’t one. He has his heart in the right place. You only have to look at all the different jobs he has to figure that out.


Overall I really liked this book and I can definitely see know why so many people are crazy about it. Tammara Webber is a great writer and she has the ability to suck you into the storyline within the first few pages. I am definitely going to check out her other books as well. 


El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!