Monday 4 May 2015

Review: Fighting for Keeps (A Brookhollow Story #5) by Jennifer Snow

25130499Title: Fighting for Keeps
Author: Jennifer Snow
Series: A Brookhollow Story
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Adult
Publisher: Harlequin Heartwarming 
Publication date: May 1st 2015
Pages: 183 (kindle)
Source: received from author (thank you so much!!)






He's kryptonite. And she needs all her strength...

Noah Parks is the ridiculously gorgeous, motorcycle-riding, cage-match-fighting equivalent of kryptonite for Lindsay Harper. And she's going to need every last ounce of her strength now that she's the legal guardian of her brother's five orphaned children. For the sake of her new family, it's time to give up her carefree single ways. Stop being the cool aunt and become a parent. And fight this crazy attraction to Noah. Sure, there's a side of him she can't help falling for... the one who volunteers as a firefighter and helps at-risk youth. The irresistibly kind and caring side. But she is a nurse, after all. She can't love an MMA fighter, a man she regularly has to scan for physical trauma... Can she? 


Fighting for Keeps is already the fifth book in A Brookhollow Story series by Jennifer Snow. Ever since I started reading this series I’m in love with the characters in the books and with the town itself. Every time I start a new book I am happy to see all the residents of Brookhollow again.

Lindsay has always been the carefree girl of the town. In her mid-thirties she still hasn’t settled down and gossiping is one of her favorite hobbies. But after a tragedy she’s left in charge to take care of five little children. Suddenly she has to change her lifestyle completely, just when she couldn’t deny her attraction to Noah any longer.  But dating an MMA fighter isn’t exactly an option now she’s has to provide a stable life for five little children.

I really liked Lindsay. She’s such an amazing and strong character. Not a lot of people believed in her because she led her life differently than most people in Brookhollow. While a party girl she also truly cares about the people surrounding her. And she will do everything in her power to make sure that they are safe and sound. At the same time she also stayed true to her beliefs and values and I really admired her for that.
Noah is another amazing character. He’s very determined to get what he wants, a UFC career and Lindsay. But there is also another side to him, a softer side. It’s impossible not to like him when you read this book. I couldn’t have asked for a better hero.

Jennifer always has away to pull you into the story from the very beginning. And this book was an emotional ride. There was a certain part in this book that I was about to cry, I felt with the characters and it felt to me like I had a dear friend myself. In some way I might have since I knew these characters for so long. But there were also many times that I laughed and sighed because of the sweetness of this book.


Fighting for Keeps is my favorite book so far in this series. The romance between the characters was so believable and I loved how all the characters overcame their obstacles. While this book is a part of a series it can be perfectly be read a stand-alone. But if you really want to connect with all the residents of Brookhollow than I would recommend that you read the others books first. I can’t wait for another book in this series and I’m curious to see whose book it will be!


El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!