Monday 12 December 2016

Concert Review: Memphis May Fire at Koko London

Headliner Band: Memphis May Fire
Co-Headliner: Silverstein
Opening bands: Like Moths to Flames, The Devil Wears Prada
Venue: Koko London
Date: December 1st 2016







Earlier this year I went to this festival in the UK called SlamDunk and when I was there I got to see Memphis May Fire. I absolutely loved them back then and decided that if I ever got the chance again then I would go see them again. Last week the opportunity arose so evidently I went to their concert here in London.

In general it was a pretty amazing evening; four bands from Rise Records (a record label that I love) went on tour together. So it already had the promise to be amazing. And none of the bands have me let me down. Like Moths to Flames were the first to take the stage, at time the venue was still pretty empty but the guys had no problem with that at all. There might not have been a lot of people but the ones that were there were of their feet and were going nuts for it. After them it was The Devil Wears Prada who got to take the stage. I didn’t listen to them that much before the show but boy these guys are so good! They just blew me away, I definitely hope to see them again next year or so. And by then I’ll definitely know all their songs. Silverstein was probably one of the biggest names of the evening and you could definitely notice that through the crowd. By the time their set started the crowed had tripled in size at least and you could just feel the anticipation growing before they took the stage. I used to listen to this band quite a lot when I was younger so seeing them live naturally also brought up some nostalgia. It really is a shame that they don’t tour more often in the UK because these guys are definitely amazing. You can see that they have years of experience, they take on the stage and they own it. And when I looked at the crowd then I could see that they felt the exact same way as I did. Last but not least there was Memphis May Fire; words cannot describe how much I love these guys. Their music sometimes feels so relatable, singing along to their song is like pouring out your soul. And the vibe that was in the venue while they were performing was so amazing. It had been a while since I truly enjoyed myself that much at a concert and where I could completely let go of myself. And sometimes that’s all we need.


Overall I really enjoyed this concert. All the bands were amazing and it made for a really remarkable evening. I cannot wait to see some of them live again in the future. 

Elien

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!