Thursday 8 December 2016

Concert Review: Pierce The Veil at the O2 Academy Brixton

Band: Pierce The Veil
Opening Acts: Creeper and Letlive
Venue: O2 Academy Brixton
Date: November 27th 2016









Another week another concert review. Last week I went to see Pierce The Veil live at the O2 Academy in Brixton, London. I have been a fan of this band for many years, basically since I was a teenager.  And finally I had the chance to go see them live, so of course I had to go. And I am so glad that I did.

I always go see the opening bands as well, this time it was Creeper and Letlive. I had seen Creeper before when they opened for another band at another concert in London. And to be fair I am not the biggest fan of them. It is not that they are bad, the certainly aren’t but their music is just not my thing. I think partly because the lead singer’s voice is a bit weird. I had never seen Letlive before, I even had never heard of them before. Their music certainly wasn’t bad but I found that the singer had too much attitude. I don’t know if that makes any sense since it is a rock band after all. But the way he behaved on the stage it was just not my thing I guess.

Now on to the main act for the evening, Pierce The Veil. I have been wanted to see them live for years and they were so worth the wait. Their entrance on the stage was so epic, first they played some intro video on a big intro screen and afterwards they basically broke out off a space rocket. It was so nice to see. And there music was so on point, from the very first song they had swept up the crowd. They played a decent amount from their older albums, which I love. I always hate it when bands only play songs from their newest album. I also want to hear the stuff that I fell in love with in the first place. And Pierce The Veil did exactly that. Anyway their newest album is insanely good as well so all the songs that they performed were top notch. I believe that they have been around for ten years now and you can clearly hear that in their music. They really bring it to life when they play it on stage. One of the best things is that just everyone can sing along with all their songs.


Overall I really enjoyed this concert, the opening acts might not have been my favorite but Pierce The Veil was just amazing. The evening was much to short and I can honestly not wait to see these guys again at some point!

Elien

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!