Monday 19 December 2016

Review: The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) by Rick Riordan

561456Title: The Titan's Curse 
Author: Rick Riordan
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians 
Genre: Fantasy, Mythology, Middle Grade
Publisher: Puffin Books
Publication date: May 5th 2007
Pages: 320 (paperback)
Source: own it






It's not everyday you find yourself in combat with a half-lion, half-human. 

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster. 

Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive...


The more books that I read in the series the more I do not understand why it took me so long to read them in the first place. This series is so entertaining and so much fun to read! 

I loved this book even more so that the first two books in this series. In some ways it is a bit repetitive as well. They go on a quest, things go not as they originally planned and they get themselves into lots of trouble. But eventually the find a way out of a tricky situation. As far as I can see that is the major outline of all the books in this series, of at least so far it is. But this one also had a different storyline in it, and I have been waiting for this storyline for ages. You could see it coming in the first two books, Chronos who was possibly making his rise to power again. But in The Titan’s Curse his plan finally became so much clearer. And that is probably what I liked so much about this book. It was a lot of the same but at the same time it was also different.

Rick Riordan keeps weaving Greek mythology in his books in a great way. I really love getting to know more about it in this way. I mean it is all told in a really entertaining way so it is impossible to get bored with it. What I especially liked about the Titan’s Curse was that we got to know more about the mythological people that lived when Chronos had all the power, such as Atlas. I have never known much about them so it is really interesting to read about them.

Riordan also has the habit of introducing new characters in every book and I loved that. The Huntresses were pretty cool. I mean who doesn’t want immortality and then just have the chance to hunt the rest of your life? Sounds like a pretty good deal for a girl no? But I got this feeling that some of these new characters might cause quite a bit of trouble in the next books. Guess I will have to find out soon.


Overall I really enjoyed this book. This series is so much fun to read and since it is a middle grade series they also read really quickly. I cannot wait to read the last two books in this series. 


Elien

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!