Sunday 8 September 2013

Façade by Nyrae Dawn

 16150320

Synopsis
Can love save them?

After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is all right. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she’s never been—and into the arms of Adrian Westfall.

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies’ man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his façade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together—or tear them apart forever?


Opinion
This book was only ok for me. After reading so many great reviews for this book I had high expectations but it did disappoint me in some points.
The plot was good and there were some unexpected turns in it, but after reading a couple of NA books you begin to see a pattern in most of them. I wouldn’t say that this book was boring, but it lost my attention at some times. Another thing that bothered me in this book was all the swore words they really annoyed me after a couple of pages. I still liked the characters though. Adrian is a good guy and loved that he’s a writer and a thinker. His mind just doesn’t stop spinning until he writes something down and I totally understand that, if something bothers me I need to write it down in some way so I can feel at ease. I haven’t read the first book, Charades, in this series yet so I don’t know how Adrian was in that book, but I’m looking forward to meet him in that book. I get Delaney’s urge to fix everything for everyone but it also annoyed me at some point because she let Adrian on for such a long time. So I didn’t fall in love with them and I missed the chemistry between them at some points.


I liked this book and would recommend it to other NA readers, ‘cause I’m sure that other readers will love it. But there were some minor things in it for me, I’m still going to read the other books in this series though!
ExtraTitle: Façade
Author: Nyrae Dawn
Series: Games
Publisher: Forever
Publication date: September 24th 2013
Pages: 304 (Paperback)
Other books:
  • Charade (Games #1)
  • Masquerade (Games #2) (Publication date: January 7th 2014)

El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!