Friday 15 August 2014

Review: Go With Me (With Me #2) by Elyssa Patrick

21855356Title: Go With Me
Author: Elyssa Patrick
Series: With Me
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publication date: June 19th 2014
Publisher: Createspace
Pages: 322 (paperback)
Author links: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Source: Received from author, through Xpresso Reads

I, Daphne Fox, have a few things to confess: 


1. I hate Nick Brady. Loathe, Abhor. Can't stand him 95% of the time.
2. That other 5%? I'm not talking about that at all.
3. People think I'm lucky for surviving the car crash. I disagree. 
4. Nick is the only guy who makes my nightmares go away. 
5. I won't love him, though. Love is not worth the pain. 

I, Nick Brady, have a few confessions of my own. 

1. I don't hate Daphne Fox. At all.
2. I find her scar sexy. Just like the rest of her. 
3. I may be her older brother's best friend, but that's not going to stop me. 
4.  I love her.
5. And I'm going to do everything I can to have her. 


Author Elyssa Patrick did it once again. Go With Me was a heartbreaking New Adult book filled with hope, friendship and most of all love.

Nick Brady always knew how to push Daphne’s buttons. When they were together in the same room a fight between them was not far away. One single night changes everything. But Daphne has scares she’s afraid of showing to anyone. So when Nick tries to break down the walls she build around herself he’s met with some heavy resistance. However Nick is determined to show Daphne the way others sees her and especially how he sees her.

Daphne is one of those characters that you can’t help but like. She’s smart, sarcastic and extremely funny but she has a past that holds her back. As the sole survivor of a terrible accident Daphne is afraid to let herself completely go. Nick is a great guy he pushes Daphne to share her burden with other. But he never pushes her too much, he wants her to figure things out on her own. I really admired his braveness. He showed Daphne how much exactly he cared for her even though he knew that Daphne was closed off to everyone, including him.

Go With Me discusses a lot of heavy topics such as loss and life. But she made sure that it didn’t get depressing. Somehow she managed to bring some lightness into it, which I loved. Elyssa showed what it takes to connect with someone else. It brings you joy and sadness, for all the ups there might be as many downs. But in the end it are the good things that count in a relationship. This story felt so real and believable and that’s what made this book so different from other NA books. I can’t wait to read the next book in the With Me series! 


El



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!