Sunday 7 October 2012

The Iron Fey - Julie Kagawa

Hi!

Here's my review for the Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa.

Short discription

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined. 
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

My opinion

When I read the first book it didn’t convince me. It went to slow for me, certainly the first half of the book. But I saw potential and I liked the way it was written so I decided to read the next one. And I’m glad I did, because the books only became better and better.
Why did I like the books? First of all I like mythology and fey are mythology. In some points the books followed the mythology. There were still two kinds of fey, the Unseelie en Seelie court. Also some typical fey characters like Robin Goodfellow and Oberon appeared in the books. But of course the book wouldn’t be refreshing if everything stayed the same. So this is where the iron fey and Meghan come in.
Meghan always thought she was a normal teenage girl. That was till her little brother was kidnapped and she’s determined to bring him back no matter how high the price.
Like I said before the book began rather slow, but with a good joke from Puck and ice boy  Ash the book was bearable. As the first book continued there came some action and romance in it, which I liked.  And after I finished the fourth and the last one, I was in love with the books. Julie Kagawa definitely improved her writing during the series.
So this series is definitely one you have to read.

Cover
Some people dislike faces on a cover, but I like it most of the time. And on this one the faces are just perfect for the books. I also like the colors of the covers. So this covers are definitely a succes for me.

Stars
The Iron King: ***
Winter's Passage (#1.5): ****
The Iron Daughter: ****
The Iron Queen: *****
Summer's Crossing (#3.5): ****
The Iron Knight: *****
Iron's Prophecy (#4.5): ****

Extra
Author: Julie Kagawa
Sequel: The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten

See you later xx
El

2 comments:

I love reading your comments!