Monday 28 January 2013

A Shimmer of Angels - Lisa M. Basso

Hi!

This is my review for A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Baso.

Short description
A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)Sixteen-year-old Rayna sees angels, and has the medication and weekly therapy sessions to prove it. Now, in remission, Rayna starts fresh at a new school, lands a new job, and desperately tries for normalcy. She ignores signs that she may be slipping into the world she has tried so hard to climb out of. But these days, it’s more than just hallucinations that keep Rayna up at night. Students are dying, and she may be the only one who can stop it. Can she keep her job, her sanity, and her friends from dying at the hands of angels she can't admit to seeing?

My opinion

My first thought when I read the short description was not another angel book. But this was a good one! Of course there were things that were the same as in almost every angel book: fallen angels vs. goodies.  But Ray made this book better. They made her belief that she was nuts, but in reality she’s  gifted. But then of course you a have the love triangle *sighs* Cam – Ray – Kade. But the good thing is that the triangle wasn’t fully developed yet in  this book and at the end of the book the author made us believe that one of the boys was leaving, and I hope he did. Anyway I preferred Kade, the bad guy, perfect boys just get boring after a while. So I hope that if there’s going to be a love triangle that Kade will win in the end.
So it was a very good book that I couldn’t get enough off. And I’m really looking forward to read the next one, certainly after the ending of this one.
Eiffeltowers





Extra

Author: Lisa M. Basso
Publishing Date: January 29th 2013
Publisher: Month9Books
Pages: 321
Ohter Books
  • A Slither of Hope (Angel Sight #2) (Published 2013)
  • A Matter of Time (Angel Sight #3) (Published 2014)
See you later xx
El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!