Wednesday 16 January 2013

Night School - C.J. Daugherty

Hi!

Here's my review for Night School by C.J. Daugherty.

Short desription:

Night School (Night School, #1)Allie's world is falling apart...

She hates her school. Her brother has run away. And she's just been arrested.

Again.

Now her parents are sending her away to a boarding school where she doesn't know a soul.

But instead of hating her new school, Allie finds she's happy there. She's making friends. And then there's Sylvain, a suave French student who openly flirts with her. And Carter, the brooding loner who seems to have her back.

Soon, though, Allie discovers Cimmeria Academy is no ordinary school. Nothing there is as it seems. And her new friends are hiding dangerous secrets.


My opinion

When I read the short description of this book I didn’t know what I could expect. And the storyline turned out to be completely different than I expected. When I found out about the mystery of the school I was surprised in a good way. And I definitely want to read the next book to find out more about it. Of course there were also some point about the book that I didn’t like. When we first met Allie in the book she was trouble. But the moment she enters Cimmeria Academy  she is suddenly the good girl. She doesn’t do anything wrong, good points, good behavior… . So I missed the character from the first chapter. And then you have the two boys: Sylvain and Carter. They are each other’s opposites. Sylvain is charming, nice, sweet, popular, rich and has a lovely French accent. Carter on the other is a loner, rude, poor… but when you really get to know him you see that he’s completely different than you first thought. Some other point that I hope will improve in the next book is that some side characters will have more show time in the book. They are interesting but they didn’t have enough space in the book to tell their story.But still it was a good page-turner that I only can recommend to everyone.
Stars:
Night School: ****
Extra:
Author: C.J. DaughteryNight School #2: Legacy (release date January 17th 2013)
See you later xx
El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!