Monday 17 February 2014

Review: Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) by Richelle Mead

Synopsis
8709527Blood doesn't lie...

Sydney is an alcemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far wors. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only beginning... 

- Goodreads -


Opinion 
Most of you probably know that I am a huge fan of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead so I was super excited when the Bloodline series came out. But for one reason or another I never wrote a review for Bloodlines or its sequels. Now I’ve reread Bloodlines so here is finally me review.

Some of my favorite side characters from Vampire Academy get the lead roles in this book. When I first read the names, Sydney, Adrian, Jill and Eddy, I thought how is this going to work out they are all so different. But that’s just why it works out so well. Sydney is the rational one, she makes sure that none of them do things that they will regret later while Adrian makes sure that there is some fun. And because of him Sydney learns again what it is to make fun.


Bloodlines is different as Vampire Academy but at the same time there are so many aspects that you’ll recognize. There are the hilarious conversations between the characters, especially between Adrian and Sydney, the right combination of action, friendship and love and of course all the characters, even the new ones, are amazing.  But what I love the most about Richelle’s book is that no matter how many times you reread them they will never get boring. Every time you read them again you will something new in them, a clue about what will happen further in the book you didn’t notice the first time you read the book, some joke you didn’t get the previous time you read the book but know you understand it… So the books get better and better every time you read them. And I would have never thought that I would love something as much as I loved Vampire Academy but Bloodlines comes so, so close and perhaps at the end of the series I will love it as much as VA who knows. I can’t wait to reread the next books in this series!




Extra
Title: Bloodlines
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines
Genre: Fantasy, YA
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication date: August 23rd 2011
Pages: 421 (hardcover) 
Other books: 

El



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!