Tuesday 5 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #61: Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Broke and Bookish. This weeks topic is Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James: I read the first two books and I didn't like them at all. I still don't know why I read them in the first place.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver: When this book first came out I was really excited to read it. But now after so many years it just doesn't interest me anymore.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith: I don't mind retellings of classics but adding zombies to them? No thank you!

The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson: I have this books in my possession for ages but they just don't spike my interest.

Anything by Dan Brown: It has just never crossed my mind to pick up a book by him.

Rapture by Lauren Kate: I liked the first book in the series but from there it went downhill really quick. I just can't bring myself to read the last book in the series.

Les Misérables by Victor Hugo: I always feel like I have to read a book in its original language (if I know that language) and my French isn't that good so this book would probably be torture for me. 

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: Everyone seems to like this book and I have to admit it sounds good. But something is holding me back to read it.

Anything by Nicholas Sparks: I love the movie adaptations of his books and most of his books are on my TBR but I have this feeling that I will never get around to reading them. 

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice: I used to love vampire and I would read any book I could find about vampires. So I think I just have an overdose of it now...

El



4 comments:

  1. Fifty Shades of Grey was on my list this week, I can't even make it to the first one. Books like that are just not for me. Delirium was also on my list. I don't think I could read Les Mis after the torture that was the film, and my French is awful so I'd need the English translation anyway! Gone Girl is really good, it's a bit of a slog in the beginning but you make it to about halfway through it's amazing. If you think it sounds good, you'd probably like it.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't understand why I let people talk me into reading the first two books...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hah, I actually did read Fifty Shades... what a waste of my life that was. Interview with the Vampire is one of the first books I read that featured vampires (yes, even before I read Dracula, lol). It basically revolutionized the genre, introducing the brooding, angsting vampire we all know and love today, a far cry from the bloodlusting monster vampires were up to that point. That said, you do reach a point of saturation with a certain type of book, and I think I'm on a vampire overdose as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I read the first two books, I could have read so many great books in the time that I spend reading them...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!