Friday 6 September 2013

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Synopsis
13515025Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…

1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)

(Sorry. That was rude.)


Opinion
I put of reading this book for quite a while and I honestly have no idea why. Confessions of an Angry Girl was great! This book was emotional and very realistic. And I got sucked into the story from the very beginning.

What I loved the most about this book was that the characters were so realistic. I could easily identify with Rose. She’s angry about a lot of things since her dead died. And she goes through some very awkward situations that every adolescent will go through once. Rose her narrating was very entertaining and I liked how she used big words. You could see her grow throughout the whole book and she was definitely stronger at the ending. During the book Rose, her brother and her mother were still struggling and grieving since Rose’s dead died a couple of months before.
All the other characters were great too. Robert roses friend whose very insistent about his love for her and is always there if she needs him even though Rose refuses him every time. Angelo a very laidback senior guy and I’m dying to know more about him, because he’s a really great guy. And then we’ve got Jamie Forta. I still don’t know what to think of him. He’s definitely keeping a secret and I hope that we’ve got to know what it is in the next book. And he might look though, but I got the feeling that he thinks he’s not worth some people attention. Definitely want to know more about this guy. And of course what would be a high school book without an evil cheerleader? In this book we got Regina and believe me when I say that she’s an evil cheerleader but I got the feeling that there’s more to her story than we know now.

Confessions of an Angry Girl were definitely worth my time. I really enjoyed it from beginning to end and it made me laugh multiple times. So if you like contemporary YA books that I would highly recommend it.

 
Extra
Title: Confessions of an Angry Girl
Author: Louise Rozett
Series: Confessions
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication date: August 28th 2012
Pages: 266 (Paperback)
Other books:
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions #2)

El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!