Tuesday 3 September 2013

Dare You To by Katie McGarry

 13561164

Synopsis
Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."


If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....


Opinion
After reading Pushing The Limits I had high expectations for this book and Katie fulfilled them almost completely. Why almost you probably think. I admit that if this was the first book Katie wrote than I would most likely have given it five stars, but if I compare Dare You To with Pushing The Limits than I liked Dare You To just a little less. Was it a bad book? Absolutely not. I enjoyed it form the very first till the very last page. The book was just a less complex than the first one, sure Beth has a past that still hunts her and Ryan has some problems of his own, but Noah’s and Echo’s  left a huger impact on me. That’s maybe because I liked them better than Ryan and Beth.
I really liked Beth, but if I had to pick between Isaiah, Noah and her, she would be the last one that I picked. She infuriates me at times, everyone (well almost everyone) wants what’s best for her and they all care for her but she just doesn’t notice it.  But I definitely liked Beth better now that I got to know her better. Now that her past was uncovered bit by bit I understand her mood and the actions that she does better. And I got quiet fond of her. Ryan is a good guy, maybe a little too good. I like bad boys and he wasn’t, still I liked him. He cares for the people he loves and he isn’t afraid to admit it when he’s done something wrong. And he’s very determined to get what he wants even if he has to work hard for it, he doesn’t back down. I also loved that we got to see Noah and Echo a couple of times, now I’m assured that they are perfectly happy together.


So I can safely say that Katie McGarry did it again and I can’t wait to read her next book Crash Into You.

Extra
Title: Dare You To
Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing The Limits
Genre: Contemporary
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication date: May 28th 2013
Pages: 456
Other books:
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits #1.5)
  • Crash into You( Pushing the Limits #3) (Publication date: November 26th 2013)
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4) (Publication date: 2014)

El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!