Monday 17 November 2014

Review: The Mistletoe Melody by Jennifer Snow

23463571Title: The Mistletoe Melody
Author: Jennifer Snow
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Adult
Publisher: Harlequin (Heartwarming) 
Publication date: November 1st 2014
Pages: 368 (ebook) 
Source: received from author (Thank you so much!!) 







'Tis the season of forgiveness but can she ever forget? 

Brad Monroe was truly unbelievable. Blowing back into Brookhollow for three days to film a Christmas special - three years after the accident that killed his best friend, her husband - and expecting Melody to be civil? Please. He'd been the only one who'd survived the tragedy, hightailing it to Nashville and hijacking her dream, Patrick's dream. She'd spent that time grieving, working three jobs, struggling to raise her boys and keep a roof over their heads. Now she was losing on all fronts, and not about to forgive and forget. Or give him the one thing that could save them all.


Every time I finish a book by Jennifer Snow it leaves me with a happy feeling, The Mistletoe Melody was no different.

I’ve always admired Melody, she is a single mom with twin boys, struggling to make ends meet. But she never gives up, she is just too pride and stubborn for that. At the same time she’s grieving her husband’s death almost three years ago. So it’s not easy for her when her husband’s best friend Brad, who caused the car accident, returns to town for a couple of days.
Brad is a great guy, he struggles with the guilt he feels every single day. He doesn’t know how he can forgive himself when he thinks he doesn’t deserve it. So the last thing what he wants to do is return to Brookhollow, but when his publicist makes him he has no other choice.

I really loved both of them, they are such a great characters. And it was so great to see how the characters developed in this book. They learned to move on from the past so that it doesn’t control their lives anymore. They learned to forgive and to love again. They are probably one of my favorite couples so far in this series. I admired them both so much, Brad for following his dream no matter what and for trying to convince Melody to do the same. Melody because she is so brave! I couldn’t imagine being in her shoes.


Overall I really enjoyed this book. The Mistletoe Melody has it all love, forgiveness, tragedy, passion, strength, loss…. Once I picked up the book it was hard for me to put it back down. It was an amazing read and I enjoyed every single moment of it.  I could recommend it to anyone whose looking for a great Adult romance story, it’s especially perfect for this time of the year with its Christmas setting. . I’m secretly hoping that Jennifer’s next book will be about Heather, anyhow I can’t wait to read more books from Jennifer


El


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! Big hug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, your books are truly amazing!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!