Sunday 8 March 2015

Review: Animal by Nikki Rae

21893582Title: Animal
Author: Nikki Rae
Genre: Paranormal Suspense, New Adult
Publication date: February 28th 2015
Pages: 412 (ebook)
Source: received from author
Buy link: Amazon







Ava has spent her life running from the monsters that lurk in the shadows, always the prey. She finally thinks she can settle down, have a normal life, and work on not being so scared of the world around her. That is until she runs into her worst fear.

He has finally found the potential family he has always wanted. All he has to do is make his little bird sing. Will Ava escape with her humanity intact?

Goodreads

Animal is a spin-off of Nikki Rae’s Sunshine Series. Ever since I read that series I’m in love with the author’s writing. We first got a glimpse of Ava in the Sunshine Series, back then I was intrigued with her story. So when I found out that Ava would get her own book I was so excited. Ava’s story didn’t disappoint me. Since Animal is a prequel to the Sunshine Series it can easily be read when you haven’t read the Sunshine Series yet. And believe me after you have finished this book you will want to read Nikki’s other work.

Ava has been on the run for the last couple of years. She feels that someone is lurking in the shadows. Ready to grab her as soon she lets her guard down. But she knows from what she’s running but not from whom. Ava is one of the few humans that know that vampire live among humans. Her parents used to help them integrate into the human world. But they also taught her how to block them out of her head and never to trust one of them. Still somehow one of them managed to sneak into her world. All Ava can do now that her worst nightmare has come to life is try to fight and survive in any way that she can.

I really admired Ava her strength. She is so incredibly brave, I don’t think I could have handled it the way she did if I was in her shoes. No matter how hopeless her situation seemed, she never gave up. When plan A failed she thought of a new plan. And if that one also failed she thought of yet another one. Never once did it cross her mind to just give up. Partly why she never gave up was because of Evan. She didn’t know if she could trust him, even Evan didn’t know if he could be trusted. After all he is bonded to Michael. But Evan reminded Ava whenever she thought that all hope was gone that there was something left to fight for.  I really liked Evan for that.

Overall I really loved this book. Nikki always manages to capture my attention and suck me into the story right from page one of the book. Her books are always so raw, horrifying and beautiful at the same time.  For all of you who haven’t read any of her books yet, I would highly recommend them to you. 


El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!