Friday 20 March 2015

Review: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

15283043Title: The Distance Between Us
Author: Kasie West
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication date: July 2nd 2013
Pages: 312 (paperback)
Source: own it







Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she's pretty sure they're only good for one thing - spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother's shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he's oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he's one of the first people who actually gets her, she's smart enough to know his interest won't last. Because there's one thing she's learned from her mother's warnings, it's that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company. 

She knows her mom can't find out - she wouldn't approve. She'd much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn't been raised by money. But just when Xander's attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn't a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she'd ever realized. And that Xander's not the only one she should've been worried about.


All of Kasie West her books have been on my TBR for ages. So when I saw The Distance Between Us in the bookstore last week I simply had to buy it. And I’m so glad that I did! This book was just so cute and perfect and well it was just amazing. I’m planning on buying her other books as soon as I get the chance.

Caymen the main character was amazing. I loved her so much. I saw a lot of her in myself. We both use, maybe too much, sarcasm in our lives. Like me she used it in a way that people sometimes even didn’t know whether she was serious or if she just was being sarcastic. Caymen is a really observant girl, like me again actually. She observed everything that was going on around her in her life. Because of this she figured some things out quicker than other but at the same time she also made some wrong assumptions. The other main character, Xander, was evenly amazing. At first he may come across as a shallow person but he’s really great when you get to know him. There is so much more to him than you might think. While both there worlds are miles apart Xander gets Caymen in a way no one has ever done.

The Distance Between Us was a really quick read. I started to read right after I bought it on the tube and I didn’t put it down until I had finished it late at night. So this was another sign for me that this book is amazing. I was so engrossed in this book and I kept telling myself that I could read one more chapter before I had to go to bed. But well I just had to see what was going to happen in this book. There were some questions of mine that weren’t entirely answered by the end of the book. But overall everything was nicely wrapped up. If there ever was going to be a sequel to this book I would immediately pick it up. But in the mean time I will just have to read all the other books by Kasie West.

Overall I loved this book. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a cute and happy contemporary YA romance read.


El

2 comments:

  1. I related to Caymen a lot too! Sounds to me like you had a similar experience with The Distance Between Us as I did. While not a sequel, On the Fence is about different characters, but you do see Caymen and Xander in there. Just FYI. :) So glad that you liked this one so much.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Caymen so much! She's such an amazing character. And I love it when characters make a crossover appearance in another book. I'm always curious to find out what happened to them after the book ended :)
      Thanks for stopping by Sandy!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!