Friday 13 March 2015

Review: A Prayer Heeded (A Prayer Series #2) by Samreen Ahsan

21996247Title: A Prayer Heeded
Author: Samreen Ahsan
Series: A Prayer Series
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Adult
Publication date: April 17th 2014
Pages: 272 (paperback)
Source: received from author







Adam Gibson is a multimillionaire who is not searching for God - or demons - when he finds love with a beautiful woman. Unfortunately, Rania, the one who has captured his heart, has a tormented past. Adam is unaware of his powers, how God makes sure his each prayer is heeded due to his virtue of charity. Adam knows Rania is still the answer to all his silent prayers. But now only time will tell if her soul is destined to be his once again. Rania Ahmed is dead inside. Adam, the man she mistakenly considered to be her soul mate, has crushed her soul into millions of pieces. Due to her broken past, she still believes her curse will keep her from loving her soul into millions of pieces. Due to her broken past, she still believes her curse will keep her from loving ever again. What she does not know is that Adam has made a promise to himself to never give up on her - no matter what. But Adam does not know what he is getting himself into. In this spiritual romance, an atheist embarks on a path of enlightenment with a tormented soul who may just have the power to change everything he has ever believed to be true.


The first book in this series, A Silent Prayer, did surprise me in a good way. And after the way the book ended I was curious to find out how the series would continue. Besides there were still so many questions, especially regarding Rania’s past, that I wanted answers to. So I was really excited to read this story and sadly I have to admit that this book did disappoint me in some ways.

A Silent Prayer was a romance story, and that’s why I liked it so much. It held a strong message about love. Love between two different cultures and religions. But A Prayer Heeded was different then the first book. It was a mix of paranormal, magical realism and myths. And that together with the romance aspect of the first book. I wasn’t a biggest fan of this change. I thought that the genre of the book was perfect as it was in the first book. Because of this mix I had a hard time believing everything that happened in this book. It also felt like an overload of things to me.
Maybe I remember it wrong but the writing style of this book also seemed different to me than the writing style in the first book. The writing style of A Prayer Heeded felt forced to me at some points, especially at the beginning of the book.

But there were still many aspects that I liked of this book. Like Rania’s and Adam’s relationship. It’s clear that they were meant for each other. They heal one another without realizing they are doing exactly that. There was also a lot of character growth in this book. Adam learned that he couldn’t control everything in his life and that he has to be patient. Rania her growth was even more remarkable. And the beginning of the first book she was closed off towards everyone, except her best friend Mike. But even he could never break down all her walls. Adam is somehow able to break down the walls surrounding her, by breaking it apart piece by piece. In the end Rania learned that she was allowed to love people and that she could be loved. I really loved seeing how they both developed throughout these books. I loved learning about the Muslim religion and getting to know there myths. That was probably one of my favorite aspects of this series.


A Prayer Heeded is a faced-paced book, there was always something happening to keep you on the edge of your seat. And while it is not my favorite book in this series I still liked it and I’m glad that I read it. 


El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!