Monday 14 November 2016

Band of the Month: Bring Me The Horizon



Music has always been a huge part of my life. I love going to music concerts and to music festivals. My iPod is next to my ereader my best friend. I never go anywhere without my music. So I figured that it was about time that I introduced some music in my blog. From now on I will feature one of my favorite bands each month. Maybe you know them, maybe you don’t. Maybe you’ll like them, maybe you’ll hate them. But anyway I think that this is going to be lots of fun!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bring me the horizon logo

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bring me the horizonBring Me The Horizon, or BMTH, is a rock band from Sheffield in the UK. The guys formed their band in 2004 and since then they haven been pouring out their souls in their music. Throughout the years their sound has changed a lot. Their firsts albums were leaning more towards deathcore while their last album can be described as alternative rock. It is probably one of the things that I love the most about this band. Their sound keeps changing every album, they never stand still and they are never afraid to try something new. And somehow the guys make it work every single time! Earlier this year they did a concert for Teenage Cancer Trust Fund with a live orchestra and choir. I went to the show and the evening was just magical. I have no words to describe it. But their music has such a great vibe and the lyrics are great as well. So for me this band has it all. Fun fact their name is from the final line of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, Captain Jack Sparrow then says "Now, bring me that horizon." 


Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube





Elien

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!